Partner: Alternatives to Violence Project AVP
The Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) is a training programme enabling participants to deal with potentially violent situations in new and creative ways. Workshops are non-residential, run by our trained facilitators and experiential (not based on lectures).
Our workshops use the shared experience of participants, interactive exercises, games and role-plays to examine the ways in which we respond to situations where injustice, prejudice, frustration and anger can lead to aggressive behaviour and violence.
An AVP workshop can help you to:
- manage strong feelings such as anger and fear
- deal more effectively with risk and danger
- build good relationships with other people
- communicate well in difficult situations
- recognise the skills you already have and learn new ones
- be true to yourself while respecting other people
- understand why conflict happens
Carefronting Nigeria coordinates AVP activities in Northern Nigeria and facilitates AVP workshops. Carefronting is also a member organization of AVP Nigeria and AVP International.